GEN – 941.00. In August 2018, the European Commission has released the updated LVD guidelines to help with the common application of the Directive. The guide, like Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), has no weight in law but deals with many practical issues that are of interest to manufacturers and stakeholders.
For most of its Directives, The European Commission is releasing guides or FAQs to improve the interpretation of the respective Directives and Regulations. In general, these result from discussions with stakeholders and are generally used as input for the revision of the Directives and Regulations. These documents are legally non-binding but do provide useful information.
The information can generally be found on the respective Commission websites.
Manufacturers are recommended to check, at regular intervals, the Commission websites that deal with their products.
The 98-page LVD guide is attached as GEN – 941.01. It can also be downloaded from the LVD-website where additional information is available.
The link related to CE-marking provides a rapid access to all product-related directives.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- GEN – 941.01 – LVD guide August 2018
- LVD website: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/electrical-engineering/lvd-directive_en
- Supplementary guidance on LVD, EMCD, RED: http://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/29121
- RED website: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/electrical-engineering/red-directive_en
- EMC website: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/electrical-engineering/emc-directive_en
- Guidance for manufacturers regarding verification of requirements (lists all directives): https://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/ce-marking/manufacturers_en