GEN – 836.00. The environmental non-governmental organisation ECOS is looking for expert(s) in the field of Ecodesign for fans of a power range of 125W up to 500 kW to represent environmental interests in the development of standards. The expert(s) will provide technical and scientific input to discussions, in accordance with the related policy context and ECOS’ strategy. Further information on this call for expert(s) are summarised in this article.
Who is ECOS?
ECOS is a pan-European NGO promoting environmental interests in the development of standards. With over 15 years of experience in standards and technical policies, ECOS is a partner organisation of the standardisation organisations CEN and CENELEC, a member of ETSI and a liaison organisation to IEC & ISO. The budget of ECOS, approximately 1.600.000 EUR, relies on public financing, with the majority coming from DG Environment, DG Energy and the Intelligent Energy Europe programme. The funding aims to ensure the participants in the standardisation activities.
Call for expert(s)
ECOS is looking for expert(s) in the field of Ecodesign for fans of a power range of 125W up to 500KW to represent environmental interests in the development of standards. The expert(s) will provide technical and scientific input to discussions, in accordance with the related policy context and ECOS strategy.
In which CEN/TC will ECOS be represented? Which is the monitored CEN standard?
The nominated expert(s) will support ECOS in the standardisation work ongoing at CEN/TC156 WG17, prEN 17166 “Procedures and methods to determine the energy efficiency for the electrical input power range of 125 W up to 500 kW”.
Which are the Ecos expert(s) tasks?
The nominated expert(s) will be responsible for:
- Participating and promoting ECOS’ position in the standardisation group meetings
- Preparing technical input (e.g. official comments and position papers), in close cooperation with the ECOS’ Policy Officer
- Monitoring and reporting on the activities of the indicated standardisation group
- Reporting to the ECOS Policy Officer and completing follow-up actions upon agreement within the defined deadline
- Participating actively in ECOS relevant task force including ECOS member organisations and other TC/WG experts on a regular basis.
CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com, no later than 6 November 2017.
Eurovent Members and Affiliated Manufacturers interested in this activity are encouraged to circulate this call for expert(s) within their network.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- GEN – 837.01 – 2017-Call-for-Experts-Ecodesign-Standardisation-FANS
- Transparency register