GEN – 1208.00. The second stakeholder meeting, initially scheduled for November 2020, will take place on 26 March 2021. Task Reports have been established for 13 possible new Product Groups. Among these, ‘Industrial smart sensors’ and ‘Swimming pool heaters’ could become of interest to Eurovent.
Selection of products
The first set of Task Reports have become available. These include:
- Industrial smart sensors
- Swimming pool heaters
- Base stations
- Professional cooking appliances
- Greenhouse covers
- Non-tertiary coffee machines
- Tertiary hot beverage equipment
- Electric vehicle chargers
- Street lighting systems with PV
- Firmware and software
- Innovative IT solutions facilitating market surveillance and standard setting
- Scarce and environmentally critical raw materials
- Hair dryers
Of these, ‘Industrial smart sensors’ and ‘Swimming pool heaters’ could be relevant to Eurovent, as well as the horizontal measures on ‘Critical raw materials’ and ‘IT solutions for market surveillance’.
The Task Reports can be found on the project website: https://www.ecodesignworkingplan20-24.eu/documents.
It is possible that a few more Product Groups would be listed in the near future.
The revision of existing regulations is included in the 2020-2024 Working Plan.
Second Stakeholder Meeting
The second Stakeholder Meeting will take place online on 26 March 2021, 10:00-13:00h. Registration is possible until 19 March 2021 on the project website.
Up to now, the MEErP relies on the Ecoreport tool that provides for a quick simplified Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) that basically analyses resources, waste, and emissions to air and water. The revision of the MEErP will consider the LCA, but not necessarily according to the ISO 14000 series.
Since the first webinar held on 12 November 2020, no new information has been posted on the project website.
The Product Groups are asked to consider the report on industrial smart sensors. Manufacturers of heat pumps could do well to check the report on swimming pool heaters.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- Project website: https://www.ecodesignworkingplan20-24.eu/documents
- Link to MEErP project website: https://susproc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/product-bureau/product-groups/521/home
- GEN – 1171.00 – Revision of MEErP
- GEN – 1139.00 – Notes of the first stakeholder meeting 10 July 2020
- GEN – 1132.00 – Previous update Working Plan
- GEN – 1103.00 – Announcement Working Plan