GEN – 926.00. The European Commission has presented this draft for the 4-week feedback period that runs until 31 July. The text of the draft Regulation can be found on the “Better Regulation” website from the Commission that includes the possibility to comment.
Involvement of Eurovent Affiliated Manufacturers
Manufacturers grouped mainly within PG-AC (Air Conditioners), PG-HE (Heat Exchangers), PG-LCP-HP (Liquid Chilling Packages & Heat Pumps), PG-CT (Evaporative Cooling Equipment), and PG-AHU (Air Handling Units) provide solutions to control the temperature levels in data centres.
As indicated in earlier communications, Eurovent has not followed the development of this Regulation. The attention to it was drawn when the development of Green Public Procurement for data centres started.
The notification to WTO will be announced soon. This will take 60 days.
The 4-week feedback mechanism was introduced early in 2017 and allows all interested stakeholders to comment. The Commission will consider all the feedback to draft the final version of the Regulation that will be submitted to the Regulatory Committee.
It is important to provide comments via the 4-week feedback mechanism. It has been introduced to provide for transparency and is the relevant source of stakeholder input.
The Regulatory Committee is composed of the representatives of the Member States. It will discuss and vote on the text that is proposed.
Green Public Procurement (GPP) criteria for Data Centres
The 2ndAd Hoc Working Group meeting webinars took place on 29 and 30 May 2018. The draft minutes have been published on the JRC website at the end of June.
Manufacturers impacted by the proposed regulation are recommended to provide their comments to the Commission website. This would need to be done before 31 July.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- Feedback plus access to the draft regulation: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/initiatives/ares-2018-3524555_en
- Ecodesign lot 9: Preparatory study
- Intertek assistance study to ENTR lot 9: https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/ae6dc1cc-c748-11e6-a6db-01aa75ed71a1/language-en
- JRC datacentres website and documents: http://susproc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Data_Centres/documents.html
- GEN– 906.00 – Possible Green Public Procurement Criteria for data centres
- GEN – 863.00 – Possible ecodesign requirements for data centres