GEN – 877.00. On 22 December 2017, the European Commission released its ‘draft exchange model’ to test the future database EPREL, which is going to be of relevance for many Eurovent members. A first demonstration of EPREL will be given during the upcoming meeting. Eurovent is going to attend the meeting and provide an in-depth summary. A webinar is going to follow.
Consultation Forum Sub-Group “Suppliers” on 12 March 2018
The Commission will adopt the minutes of the previous meetings during this meeting. Previous meetings were already communicated in earlier newsletters by Eurovent and can be found on our website.
The meeting will focus on the development of the EPREL database. A live demonstration will take place. A first set of persons that would act as administrator to test EPREL is expected to be identified.
Companies active in the household sector, organised within CECED, have already been looking deeply into the database and have provided comments to the Commission. These will most likely provide for the elements that will be discussed.
Eurovent Product Groups concerned
The contents of the Workspace forum for the have not changed since December 2017: .
- Professional refrigerated storage cabinets (Regulation 2015/1094) – workspace forum 5.8
- Air-conditioners (Regulation 626/2011) – workspace forum 5.16
- Residential ventilation (Regulation 1254/2014) – workspace forum 5.15
- Space heaters, including heat pumps (Regulation 811/2013) – workspace forum 5.19
- Water heaters, including heat pumps (Regulation 812/2013) – workspace forum 5.20
Indicative list of future meetings
- 2018-03-31: ECF Sub Group ‘Market Surveillance Authorities’
- 2018-05-15: ECF Sub-group ‘Public’
- 2018-07-15: ECF Sub Group ‘Suppliers’
- 2018-09-15: ECF Sub-group ‘Public’
- 2018-10-15: ECF Sub Group ‘Suppliers’
- 2018-11-01: Start of introduction of data into EPREL by manufacturers
Manufacturers that wish to be informed early are recommended to register for EPREL on the Collaborative Workspace and to get familiar with the eDelivery system of the database. It is recommended that Product Groups consider EPREL in their meetings. Persons who are interested in participating in the pilot phase are recommended to contact the Eurovent Secretariat.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- The EPREL Collaborative Workspace
- GEN – 877.01 – 1st Forum sub-groups on EPREL, 4 July 2017 (also distributed as GEN 862.01)
- GEN – 877.02 – Sub-group ‘Suppliers” 15 September 2017
- GEN – 877.03 – Sub-Group ”Compliance” 24 October 2017
- GEN – 877.04 – Draft agenda Consultation Forum Sub-group “Suppliers” 12 March 2018.
- GEN – 877.05 – Letter accompanying the invitation for the meeting on 12 March 2018 (note that Eurovent would only be able to bring a few persons along)