GEN – 1099.00. During the fourth F-Gas Consultation Forum, scheduled for 25 March 2020, the consultants appointed by the Commission were to make presentations and have a discussion with the stakeholders. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, stakeholders are now requested to comment on the available presentations by 20 April.
Envisaged agenda for the 25 March meeting 2
The F-Gas Consultation Forum intended to have presentations by consultants followed by a discussion on:
- Alternatives to SF6 in switchgear and other electrical appliances
- Alternatives to HFCs in split air conditioning systems
- HFC availability on the EU market
- Progress of the HFC phase-down
- Actions to prevent illegal imports
The commission has made available two papers prepared by the consultant Oeko-recherche to which stakeholders can comment by 20 April:
- Alternatives to F-gases in split air-conditioning
- Availability of HFCs on the EU market (update up to Q4 2019)
The F-Gas Consultation Forum website contains the documents and minutes relating to the previous 3rd (2018), 2nd (2016) and 1st (2015) meetings. The documents relating to the 4th meeting should appear in the near future.
Members interested in the price development may wish would have a look at the report with the latest updated (to end 2019). Manufacturers of split air conditioners can consider the other paper.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- GEN – 1099.01 – Alternatives to F-Gases in split air conditioning
- GEN – 1099.02 – Availability of HFCs on the EU market.
- GEN – 1083.00 – Update availability HFC (up to Q3 2019)
- GEN – 890.00 – 3rd F-Gas Consultation Forum, 6 March 2018
- EU F-Gas website: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/f-gas/legislation_en
- EU previous 3 F-Gas forum meetings: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/events/articles/0106_en