GEN – 1215.00. The minutes of the launch meeting of professional refrigeration regulation review have been published on the project website. The second and final meeting with stakeholders is scheduled for October 2021, to be followed by a Consultation Forum indicatively in March 2022. This may possibly lead to a revised regulation by the end of 2022.
The meeting was chaired by René Kemna (VHK) and introduced by Policy Officer Davide Polverini. The meeting was attended by approximately 80 persons that included 30 persons representing a company.
The presentation and draft minutes, taking into the chat messages and answers, have been made available on the project website.
Notes from the stakeholder meeting
Task 1: Standards & scope
In addition to the scope outlined in the review article, the following additions/questions were raised:
- Blast cabinets with remote condensing units to be included
- CO2 trans critical systems chillers and chillers with specific cooling liquids to be included
- Condensing units
- Walk-in cold rooms
- Laboratory and medical refrigerated cabinets
- Inclusion of stationary refrigerated containers (Lot 39)
The consultants are looking for an update on the standards that would apply.
Task 2 and 3: Markets & users
The consultants are looking for market data and real-life energy consumption data. The aspects of circular economy will be addressed. Regarding refrigerants the study would only look at leakage aspects.
Task 4 and 6: Technology & design options – Storage cabinets
The focus would lie on defining which type of storage cabinets would be covered in the study.
Task 4 and 6: Technology & design options – Condensing units
The consultants are considering extending the to:
- Condensing units sold with an evaporator
- Compressor packs and racks which do not include a condenser
- condenser units which do not use air as heat transfer medium for the condenser
Refrigerant leakage aspects would be covered in the study. Reference could be made to the certification programmes that are run by Asercom.
Task 4 and 6: Technology & design options – Process chillers
The study would focus on the Seasonal Energy Performance Ratio (SEPR) and alternatives.
The consultants are looking for more details such a bill of material, running costs etc to develop life cycle cost.
The relevant Product Groups are monitoring the developments.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- GEN – 1202.00 – Previous update
- Project website: https://ecoprorefrigeration.eu/index.html
- Presentation and minutes: https://ecoprorefrigeration.eu/documents.htm
- Ecodesign impact accounting study (including forecast to 2050) https://ec.europa.eu/energy/sites/default/files/documents/eia_status_report_2017_-_v20171222.pdf
- Asercom: https://www.asercom.org/