GEN – 953.00. The final version of the Ecodesign Regulation on servers and data storage products which was voted at the 2018-09-17 Regulatory Committee meeting of the ‘Committee on Ecodesign and Energy Labelling of Energy–related Products’. It will be published in the Official Journal soon.
Regulation awaiting publication
Awaiting the publication in the OJEC, the adopted text can already be accessed on the Comitology pages of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regcomitology/index.cfm?do=search.dossierdetail&Dos_ID=16742&dos_year=2018&dc_id=3506
As usual, the Regulation will apply 20 days after publications. However, the amendment to Regulation(EU) No 617/2013 will apply from March 2020.
Manufacturers grouped within PG-AC (Air Conditioners), PG-ERC (Energy Recovery Components), PG-LCP-HP (Liquid Chilling Packages & Heat Pumps), PG-CT (Evaporative Cooling Equipment), and PG-AHU (Air Handling Units) provide solutions to control the temperature levels in data centres.
As indicated in earlier communications, Eurovent has not followed the development of this Regulation. The attention to it was drawn when the development of Green Public Procurement for data centres started.
Green Public Procurement (GPP) criteria for Data Centres
Since the minutes of the 2ndAd Hoc Working Group meeting webinars that took place on 29 and 30 May 2018 no new documents have been published on the JRC website.
Manufacturers dealing with data centres may find this regulation useful.
Related documents and links
All related documents and articles can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- Text on Comitology pages: http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regcomitology/index.cfm?do=search.dossierdetail&Dos_ID=16742&dos_year=2018&dc_id=3506
- GEN – 926.00 – Previous update on the draft regulation
- Ecodesign lot 9: Preparatory study
- Intertek assistance study to ENTR lot 9: https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/ae6dc1cc-c748-11e6-a6db-01aa75ed71a1/language-en
- JRC datacentres website and documents: http://susproc.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Data_Centres/documents.html
- Regulation 2013/617: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32013R0617