Brussels, 17 February 2021. Eurovent Product Group ‘Air Handling Units’ (PG-AHU) has published the first edition of Eurovent Recommendation 6/15 – Air Leakages in Air Handling Units. The Recommendation presents guidelines for improving Indoor Air Quality and correcting the performance of Air Handling Units due to internal leakages.
Eurovent Recommendation 6/15 is the first comprehensive publication that gives an in-depth overview of the issue of air leakages in Air Handling Units, including:
- Explanation of leakage types
- Reference to related standards and regulations
- Clarification of leakage indicators
- Typical leakage rates for various design options
- Guidance on design, commissioning and maintenance for eliminating or minimising leakages
- Correction of Air Handling Unit performance due to internal leakages
Mr Igor Sikonczyk, Secretary of the Eurovent PG-AHU, stated: “The fundamental role of mechanical ventilation is to renew polluted indoor air with fresh outdoor air in order to provide a safe and healthy indoor environment. One of the problems in achieving this objective is air leakage occurring in the duct network and in the Air Handling Units. Our new Recommendation sets out the principles for good practices to limit air leakages to ultimately improve Indoor Air Quality and reduce energy consumption.”
The Eurovent Recommendation 6/15 is addressed to all ventilation and air conditioning professionals, including system planners, installers and manufacturers. It is available for download free of charge in the Eurovent Document Web Shop.
Related documents and links
All related documents and files can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- Eurovent Association logo files
- Press images
- PDF version of the Press Release
- Eurovent Recommendation 6/15