Dear Eurovent members, partners and friends,
After 10 years of membership in the Board and 3 years of being President, the time has come for me to leave. Let me begin by saying how privileged I feel to have had the opportunity of being Board member and President of Eurovent. I hope to keep in touch with you all and I will always be available for all of you. I would like to thank the Eurovent family, ISKID, and my company Friterm for their support and confidence in me during this period. When I started my term as President, we had a 6-point plan:
- To further strengthen Eurovent’s footprint in Brussels and towards the European institutions in close cooperation with my fellow Board members
- To increase the relations between the Turkish and European HVACR industry
- To further professionalise and intensify Eurovent’s international activities
- To expand our membership base in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as to focus on South-eastern Europe
- To develop a long-term vision for Eurovent with clear objectives both in Europe and internationally
- To strengthen our financial base
These activities were well reported in the General Assembly meeting so I will not repeat them. Due to the COVIDeurovent-market-intelligence/news/eurovent-market-intelligence/-19 pandemic, some of these plans unfortunately couldn’t take place. In the meantime, Eurovent decided to focus on the future governance of the Association and the whole Eurovent group. I would like to thank the members for the successful job. We also planned to host the EUROVENTSUMMIT in Turkey last year, which was unfortunately postponed due to the unprecedented pandemic. Nevertheless, I hope that when the situation allows, you can all come to Turkey and enjoy the sun while discussing important industry matters.
I would like to end my speech with a few words of gratitude. Let me take this opportunity to thank all my colleagues in the Board, our Secretary General Felix and the entire Eurovent Team. I also want to thank the Board members and Managers of the Eurovent subunits. My job could have been much more difficult if it wasn’t for their help. Lastly, I would like to wish good luck to the next President and the Board of Directors who will be taking over to make Eurovent even better.
Outgoing Eurovent President (2018-2021)
Related documents and links
All related documents and files can be found in the respective sections in the right sidebar.
- Portrait of the outgoing President Naci Sahin